FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha channels and masking ... Is this me or a glitch?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve dann
Alpha channels and masking ... Is this me or a glitch?
on Apr 9, 2017 at 5:45:03 pm

Trialing Premiere Pro CC and have come across two issues.

1. I occasionally need to export a pre-keyed clip for someone else to drop over a background. The ProRes 4444 exported from PrPro CC works in FCP 7 but behaves strangely when re-imported into PrPro CC. With the file in the project panel, if I go to 'interpret footage' the alpha channel settings are greyed out although 'ignore alpha' is unchecked. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, the alpha settings are available ...? Anyway, if I add the ProRes 4444 clip to a timeline over another clip the transparency is there EXCEPT after a few seconds, even if I don't touch anything, the background disapppears, its as though PrPro has 'forgotten' the alpha channel ! If I delete the clip from the timeline and add again, there is no transparency BUT if I delete the clip from the project panel and re-import, when I add it to the timeline again the transparency is there again for a short time ... got to be a bug hasn't it ?

2. Other problem that's just started, is that I can add a mask path and see the shape but it doesn't actually cut a hole !

I hope I'm making a daft mistake, or two, or is PrPro relly this flaky ?

Thanks in advance ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]