FORUMS: list search recent posts

Framerate change on locked cut?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Papa
Framerate change on locked cut?
on Apr 8, 2017 at 9:15:29 pm

Hi all, I produced a feature that is now being picked up by a distributor, somewhere along the line our editor accidentally changed the frame rate from 24p to 30 and now the resulting exported file shows as 30 frames. The distributor requested that we re-edit or change the frame rate back to 24p, but the editors I’ve shown have said that the conversion can’t be done and we have to re-edit. My thought, to save 2 weeks of work (and money our modest indie film doesn't have), is to export an xml of the 30 frames per second cut and reimport that xml into a 24p timeline… would this work? This way we can easily bring back in our davinci color xml and have everything line up perfectly… really REALLY don’t want to have to go back into davinci :P

thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Framerate change on locked cut?
on Apr 8, 2017 at 10:22:45 pm

At what frame rate was this shot?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph Papa
on Apr 8, 2017 at 10:38:42 pm

Original video files are 24p... seems like its just a timeline setting thing but the two people Ive had look at it are saying it's not working. I'm not an editor so I can't really explain that in depth, but these guys are asking for more money to re-cut it and I feel like there has to be an easier way...

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 9, 2017 at 1:02:44 am

If the source footage is 23.976 or 24 but was edited in a 29.97 sequence, just paste everything into a new empty sequence that is 23.976 or 24.

Go through every edit and fix anything that may have shifted.

If the source footage was transcoded to 29.97 prior to editing you may have a bigger problem:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]