FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast Way to Do LOTS of Picture-in-Picture

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Oster
Fast Way to Do LOTS of Picture-in-Picture
on Apr 7, 2017 at 6:42:53 am
Last Edited By Dan Oster on Apr 7, 2017 at 6:47:18 am

Hey, folks. I'm working on a show with a host, a green screen, and lots of picture-in-picture behind said host. The dimensions of the window behind her is standardized (16:9) but the photos and video I'm putting in there are all over the map. In order to make this work, I have to load them into their own 1920x1080 sequence then drag that into the original timeline, but this is time-consuming when I'm producing 30 segments a day. That means 30 sequences for the host AND 30 sequences for the picture-in-picture effect. Plus syncing the edits to her dialogue is little fiddly when I'm using this method.

Am I doing this the smartest way I can? Or is there a way to drop these items into the timeline so I don't have to produce a whole separate sequence each time to get the various photos and video to maintain a set size and aspect ratio?

Any help is MOST appreciated. Thanks!

- Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Fast Way to Do LOTS of Picture-in-Picture
on Apr 9, 2017 at 3:41:22 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Apr 9, 2017 at 4:41:33 pm

in after effects, a simple expression for the width and height to fit in a precomp so any picture would perfectly size and the precomp would make it all reusable and a lot faster. I don't think premiere was made to do this sort of stuff automatically. select clips, right click set to frame/scale to frame.

maybe a nested sequence might work, I seriously doubt it. Sounds like a lot of trouble in premiere though. I recommend AE.

Return to posts index

Dan Oster
on Apr 9, 2017 at 6:52:00 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'm a real goon when it comes to expressions. What script would I use for that? And how would I apply it to an entire comp?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Apr 10, 2017 at 3:21:45 pm

here's an oldie in the expressions forum.
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/227/14016

Return to posts index

Dan Oster
on Apr 11, 2017 at 7:04:57 am

Cool. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]