FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom in & out on Playhead / Timeline issue - Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthias Krause
Zoom in & out on Playhead / Timeline issue - Premiere Pro CC
on Apr 6, 2017 at 7:46:01 pm

Hello,

I'm a video editor trying to get used to Premiere Pro CC.
So far, I really like it, I could almost reassign all of my AIVD-shortcuts so that working
with Premiere is quite comfortable. There just one option I'm really missing:

I use the Zoom In / out - on playhead-function quite a lot. In AVID, I have assigned it to the up/down-keys.

In Premiere, I couldn't find such option. The only function that's close to what I want is using the mouse-wheel+alt.
However, that still doesn't zoom in/out on playhead (it zooms in/out on the mouse-coursor).

It there any way to fix that?
Or even better, is there a way to assign the zoom in/out on playhead-function to the keyboard?

That would be really great,
thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Chris Spellmeyer
Re: Zoom in & out on Playhead / Timeline issue - Premiere Pro CC
on Apr 6, 2017 at 10:47:04 pm

Hi Matthias,

Go to Keyboard Shortcuts and map the Application/Sequence/"Zoom in" and "Zoom out" commands to the keys of your choosing. This will accomplish exactly what you're looking to do.

CS

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Apr 9, 2017 at 8:07:16 am

Downside, in Premiere, is that you need the timeline to be active to zoom in the timeline.

adobe.com/go/wish for all feature requests.

This one is 'shortcut to zoom around play head on timeline, regardless of current window selected - like Avid & FCP7'

Feel free to add 'add dissolve dialogue (including centre dissolves to filler and apply transition in to out, with option to skip existing) - like Avid' and 'head/tail fades - like Avid'

You'll find others, plus plenty to go back the other way. NLE competition is a good thing.

Return to posts index

Matthias Krause
on Apr 9, 2017 at 8:02:48 pm

Hey Trevor,

allright, I'll check if it slows down my workflow!
I'm happy that zooming on play head works and I guess I could live with that.

Let's see what else I'm missing once I really start working with Premiere. 😉
So far, it feels good!

Return to posts index

Matthias Krause
on Apr 9, 2017 at 7:57:30 pm

Hey Chris,

perfect! That was just what I was looking for,
thanks a lot!

Matthias

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Apr 26, 2017 at 4:11:53 pm

Here's what I found out in the documentation for CC 7.2.2 trying to get a zoom on the timeline that centers on the playhead:

Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling
When a sequence is longer than the visible Timeline, you can select from different options to auto-scroll the Timeline during playback.
Page Scroll moves the Timeline automatically to a new view after the playhead moves offscreen. Selecting this option ensures that playback is continuous and doesn't stop.
Selecting Smooth Scroll keeps the playhead in the middle of the screen, while the clips and time ruler move by.

With the smooth scroll preference, Pr zooms in on the playhead. In the other setting, it zooms in to the center of whatever portion of the timeline is visible, even if the playhead has moved offscreen.

Do most people use Smooth Scroll? Has this changed with more recent versions of Pr?
Cheers,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]