FORUMS: list search recent posts

External monitor SDI in Premiere Pro on PC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hrabba Gunnarsdottir
External monitor SDI in Premiere Pro on PC
on Apr 6, 2017 at 5:34:02 pm

I am trying to get signal to an external monitor with Premiere Pro on a PC platform. I have an HDMI to SDI Blackmagic converter and several output options including thunderbolt or HDMI output or computer monitor output (looks like HDMI) I am not getting anywhere with this. In old days with Final Cut 7 I had a Kona Card which I had to configure correctly but I am not seeing any such options on my PC? Help anybody?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: External monitor SDI in Premiere Pro on PC
on Apr 6, 2017 at 5:51:42 pm

The converter is just a converter. You will need something that can output the signal like a Blackmagic Mini Monitor. You can also use the outputs of your computer. There should be settings under Preferences - Playback.

Return to posts index

Hrabba Gunnarsdottir
on Apr 6, 2017 at 6:10:00 pm

Thank you for your response . It does not seem to recognize the black magic converter. Do I have to download anything for the computer to see it?

thanks again
Hrabba

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Apr 7, 2017 at 4:05:16 am

[Hrabba Gunnarsdottir] "It does not seem to recognize the black magic converter. "

The converter is not an I/O device. It just converts a signal to another interface. If you need SDI you need to:

-Get an I/O device that has SDI out.

Or:

-Insert an HDMI cable to your GPU, run that through the converter and connect the SDI to your monitor. Then enable it in the playback settings. If I remember correctly it was called "fullscreen preview" or something. Note that the monitor is probably expecting some sort of a standard signal so your sequence needs to match that.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Apr 6, 2017 at 7:52:36 pm

The Kona is a video capture card designed for real-time playback to broadcast equipment when using FCP, Avid, Premiere etc. If you are trying to take the HDMI out from the computers graphics card the HDMI to SDI converter may only work with broadcast compliant formats.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]