FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with nested sequences.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Lavender
Issues with nested sequences.
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:54:26 am

I'm trying to deliver M&E tracks for my distributor for a feature film, and I've got the project open in Premiere Pro CC 2017 and I'm having some major issues.

I think it spawns from how I chose to edit this project from the get go.

I have a project file that contains nested sequences from other project files. Instead of editing the film as a single project file with multiple sequences within it.. I for some reason chose to have a seperate project file for each scene I was editing, in which I then imported those projects into a master project file as nested sequences. This was all fine and dandy until today when I started trying to work on these tracks. I saved the project files as a new project so all of my audio changes would only affect that new project, but now about half way into it nothing will play from either the source or program monitor. The button changes to "square" but nothing happens.

I can scrub through, but there is no audio.

I've tried clearing the media cache and render files to no avail.

The original project still plays as well as the singular projects that are nested inside this one.. if I open them individually, they work fine.

What's the deal? Should I attempt to reconstruct this project by copy/pasting the sequences into a single project file instead of trying to pull the projects in as nested sequences? I have a deadline to meet and I've been mucking with this all day.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph Lavender
Re: Issues with nested sequences.
on Apr 5, 2017 at 8:06:44 am

UPDATE:

I opened an auto save project file right before the point where it stopped working, and as soon as I got back to the sequence I was working on when it stopped playing, it did exactly the same thing again. I suspect some sort of issue with this particular sequence... but what?

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 6, 2017 at 2:24:00 pm

My guess is that nesting does take more memory. Check how much memory you have allotted to Adobe softwares, and close any Adobe software don't need. You might just not have enough RAM, even if you are maxed out. It's just a guess, but nesting a sequence would take some with more RAM. Your copy paste idea sounds like a reasonable workaround. I do mostly Cuts in my editing, but if you needed to do a fancy transition between two sequences with several layers at the head and tail, you could probably get away with nothing just those sequences for the transition.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Frank Schmidt
on Apr 8, 2017 at 2:56:03 pm

Are you on a Mac?
I have had this exact same issue a few times with nested sequences since running Sierra 10.12.4 with PP 2015.4
Yesterday the audio played, but is was out by about 30 frames. When I open the nested sequence it played fine!

Deleting media cache file, resetting Premiere preferences, turning off audio plug ins didn't fix the issue.
The only thing that worked for me was to render out the sequence and drop it back in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]