FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Codec Should I Use When I Share My Massive Footages with Other Editors?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hiroaki Takayanagi
What Codec Should I Use When I Share My Massive Footages with Other Editors?
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:02:19 am

So I am working on a project where I got footages that that are total 3h long and I have to trim them down and give them to an other editor online. Basically each footage is about 30 sec long, but 20 sec of it is like useless, so I need to cut the part down. The original footages that I got are H.264 and are already compressed. I don't want it to lose any more of its quality when I re-export them.

People that I am giving the footages are not familiar with codec, so they didn't give me any preference of what codec they want me to export the footages to.
Is Proress 422 standard codec for this purpose? or Should I export the footages with 'Animation' which is I believe uncompressed?

Or should I share all the footages I have without transcoding and give them Premiere project file with Metadata?

Thank you for reading!!

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: What Codec Should I Use When I Share My Massive Footages with Other Editors?
on Apr 5, 2017 at 5:20:38 pm

Without knowing MUCH more, like the system and storage you have, the system and storage of the folks you would be sharing with, etc. this is pure guesswork.

Not knowing what work is being handled by whom, I would at least consider sharing all the original footage. I would not render h.264 to any other lossy codec, that's for sure. But blowing it up (in size) with a non-lossy or uncompressed codec probably isn't the answer either.

Knowing what very little we know, I'd say copy and share the original footage.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]