FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Uploading Videos exported from Premiere to youtube and vimeo

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kaelin
Problem Uploading Videos exported from Premiere to youtube and vimeo
on Apr 4, 2017 at 8:05:05 pm

I am using the same settings I always have. I export as MP4 file and upload to youtube. The videos are hanging on upload or are uploading and getting tons of errors on playback. Same thing just happened on vimeo. I don't get it, I have been doing this for YEARS, and the videos look great on my machine when I play back from HDD. Any thoughts.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Problem Uploading Videos exported from Premiere to youtube and vimeo
on Apr 4, 2017 at 9:50:08 pm

Try again, uploading does not always go smoothly.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 5, 2017 at 5:53:33 pm

LOL. I have tried DOZENS of times and tested many compression settings.

I tried a file that I compressed back in December that uploaded fine with no hitches back then, sort of a test to see if something in my software got corrupted. Same problem. The file hangs, then finishes, and after processing there are playback issues - frames freeze while audio continues, video and audio freeze then pick up later, video freezes and stops altogether. These are the general types of issues I have been having, not just on my December failed test upload. I am wondering if it could be my internet connection, but everything else works fine, I am online now, Dropbox syncs quickly. I uploaded to a client ftp at over 5MBps no problem. I just cant figure it out. It is really hindering workflow, as I use YouTube to share unlisted approval links to clients. They love it, no downloads, they can check product on their phone, etc. This is very frustrating.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 5, 2017 at 11:42:38 am

Are you going to youtube and uploading there, or are you using the upload feature in Media Encoder? I've had that fail on more than one occasion, but never any problems uploading from their website.

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 5, 2017 at 5:51:52 pm

I am going direct in YouTube, as I too have had Adobe uploader fail.

I tried a file that I compressed back in December that uploaded fine with no hitches back then, sort of a test to see if something in my software got corrupted. Same problem. The file hangs, then finishes, and after processing there are playback issues - frames freeze while audio continues, video and audio freeze then pick up later, video freezes and stops altogether. These are the general types of issues I have been having, not just on my December failed test upload. I am wondering if it could be my internet connection, but everything else works fine, I am online now, Dropbox syncs quickly. I uploaded to a client ftp at over 5MBps no problem. I just cant figure it out. It is really hindering workflow, as I use YouTube to share unlisted approval links to clients. They love it, no downloads, they can check product on their phone, etc. This is very frustrating.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Apr 5, 2017 at 9:11:16 pm

Try a different web browser. I had Fire Fox crap out on me when trying to upload to Youtube.

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 6, 2017 at 3:09:08 am

Thanls. I tried Firefox as Safari before I made this post. I will try Chrome. I do think perhaps it is Mt internet....or something wierd...because it happened on video as well. File looks like it is uploading SUPER fast, then stops at like 56% for a LONG time. Once it says uploaded, there are all kinds of errors. Sierra did an OS update today just as I was leaving. I am going to be optomistic and eleven all will be well I the morning. At least that will help me slep.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 6, 2017 at 3:11:34 am

Thanks. I tried Firefox and Safari before I made this post. I will try Chrome. I do think perhaps it is mt internet....or something wierd in settings...because it happened on vimeo as well. File looks like it is uploading SUPER fast, then stops at like 56% for a LONG time. Once it says uploaded, there are all kinds of errors. Sierra did an OS update today just as I was leaving. I am going to be optomistic and believe all will be well in the morning. At least that will help me sleep a little better. LOL

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 6, 2017 at 10:54:07 am

Just out of curiosity, did you double post twice? If you didn't, that could be a clue to your problem. We all know how computers can be, hence my catchphrase, "Computers....Grrrrrrr....."

Have you tried putting a file on a USB and loading it on another computer and uploading? That will help narrow down the cause. If it uploads no problem then you know it's not the video, it's your computer. I've had 720p youtube videos stall and buffer when I had a 300 mbps connection. Turned out my modem settings were off. Now I get smooth 4K playback at 50 mbps on youtube. Also, have you tried going to speedtest.net and checking your upload speed?

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 6, 2017 at 2:20:08 pm

Speed is fine. And last night it worked fine...despite upload seeming unusually fast. My next step was actually to try a different computer. Plus I still have my lion boot on a partition, a had software that did what I needed and ran under lion but wanted upgrades to move OS...so I just kept the boot, as I rarely use it. Mostly use partition as current project video storage. Ssd, super fast.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 6, 2017 at 2:26:45 pm
Last Edited By Rich Kaelin on Apr 6, 2017 at 2:27:49 pm

Also, that double post was something I did on my phone while on the train. I was surprised to see the double post myself, don't know how or why that happened, but it does once in awhile.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

Frank Schmidt
on Apr 8, 2017 at 3:04:00 pm

I had a similar issue...

It could be a router/modem issue...
When uploading to Youtube the upload speed was only 10% of the maximum. I thought it was just YouTube, but it happened day after day.

For a test, I plugged my Mac directly in to the internet (removing the router) and my YouTube upload speeds went back to 100%.
Picked up a new router and everything is well. (and I know have device bandwidth monitoring, you know... kids and NetFlix/YouTube)

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Apr 8, 2017 at 4:18:12 pm

ISSUE SOLVED. It turned out to be Kaspersky Security Suite. Once disabled, uploads work fine. Oddly, it does not seem to interfere with cloud storage or my ftp, just video uploads. Many thanks to the most excellent Apple tech Randall who helped me pinpoint this rather quickly. Time for a support note to Kaspersky.

Rich Kaelin
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]