FORUMS: list search recent posts

Global timeline shuttle control?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ola Waagen
Global timeline shuttle control?
on Apr 4, 2017 at 11:57:16 am

I wonder if there is a way to control the playback in the timeline while I'm active in a different panel?

Here is an example of where this might be very useful: When I transcribe text from an interview in the marker panel, it's very useful to have the videos on the timeline playing in the background, but quite often I have to rewind or stop and start the playback. Since the shuttle-shortcuts only work in the selected panel I have to click on timeline-panel, rewind, start it over and then select the marker-panel and start typing again. If I could have some dedicated keyboard keys or mouse gestures that would globally control timeline-playback no matter what panel was selected then that would make things a lot easier.

I'm even open to tips on hardware that has this functionality, but I basically just need start/stop/rewind-functionality so it should be possible to do this with shortcuts/mouse gestures.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Global timeline shuttle control?
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:33:26 pm

I just opened an empty project in PP 2015.4, and I've got this effect called Speech Analysis staring me in the face. I've never used it, but it might be handy for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ola Waagen
Re: Global timeline shuttle control?
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:40:03 pm

Thank you for the tip, but since most of the recordings I log aren't in English, that won't solve my problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]