FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with premier pro crashing on open when using multiple layers/photoshop files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
May Kindred-Boothby
Problem with premier pro crashing on open when using multiple layers/photoshop files
on Apr 3, 2017 at 1:00:38 pm

Premier pro seems to have a problem opening projects where i have imported multy layered photoshop files as individual images for animation.

Any tips? Theres some projects which just wont open at all now, some will but only if i try and open them, premier crashes, i re-open premier, it comes up with the 'do you want to open previous project' window, to which i click yes and then it works fine.

I'm using Premier CS6 on a macbook pro. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, it's getting very frustrating now!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Problem with premier pro crashing on open when using multiple layers/photoshop files
on Apr 3, 2017 at 2:01:03 pm

How many layers are we talking about here? Might be better off to export each layer as its own .psd or .png file instead. And if you number the stills sequentially, use Import as Sequence in Premiere so the stills import as a single "clip" in Premiere.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: Problem with premier pro crashing on open when using multiple layers/photoshop files
on Apr 3, 2017 at 4:21:59 pm

Yes...

in Photoshop

there's a script in File > Scripts

"Export Layers to Files"

that might work better....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

May Kindred-Boothby
on Apr 3, 2017 at 4:38:48 pm

Yes i had concidered this as a solution - only keeping them linked to the layers in a photoshop file gives you so much more flexability to alter things, especially when working in animation because you can edit all files in sequence easily...

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Apr 3, 2017 at 4:45:08 pm

yeah...

but think of it this way....

psd master for edits

export to sequence

import seq to PPro...

if you need to edit some layers...

change in PSD...

make those the only visible layers...

re-export and overwrite those files in the sequence folder....

since they have the same name....they should relink-refresh in PPro...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]