FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch-syncing with timecode workaround?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Holman Wallace
Batch-syncing with timecode workaround?
on Apr 1, 2017 at 10:21:41 am

Hi all,

I know there isn't a simple way to batch-sync timecoded rushes to timecoded audio in Premiere. What I currently do is use synchronise to individually sync each clip, which isn't the end of the world.

The main problem with it is that I have to know which clip syncs to which bit of audio, which makes it a little more time-consuming. It's also tough when working with multiple cameras.

I had an idea that should make the whole process a lot quicker and smoother, but couldn't quite get it to work. However, I was wondering if there was a step I was missing and whether somebody could advise me on it.

I thought to myself 'what about laying out a very long transparent video layer - enough to cover the full length of the shoot day - and then add a timecode to that transparent video layer. Then I could just sync each rush and audio file to this 'master' timecode until every rush and audio file was synced, before finally deleting the transparent video layer and neatening my timeline.' Sounds good, right?

However, when I added a timecode to my transparent video layer and tried to synchronise with a rush or audio clip, Premiere didn't recognise that the two had the same timecode, as it normally does when your synchronising two clips with the same timecode (does that make sense?). Effectively, the Premiere synchronise-by-timecode function wasn't working.

My question is: is there a way that you can successfully add timecode to a transparent video layer that will then allow you to synchronise timecoded rushes or audio to it? What do I need to do that I didn't do?

Niche, I know - but could save a lot of time and energy if I could make this work!

Thanks,

Dale

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]