FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get sequence to match my source file, but do I need to?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Overstreet
Can't get sequence to match my source file, but do I need to?
on Apr 1, 2017 at 3:03:50 am

I'm using Premiere CC 2015.2 and a Matrox MXO2 mini, and capturing standard definition 720x480 files using Matrox's MPEG2 I-frame 4:2:2 codec. When I right-click one of the captured files and choose to create a sequence from that file, it creates a DV sequence and puts up the yellow bar. Matrox says they don't have a preset for that particular format, even though it's their own darn format. They only offer presets for their uncompressed 720x486 format. (Side issue: How in the world is a vertical resolution of 486 useful now? Anyway...) If I edit in the resulting DV sequence anyway, everything works and seems to look fine, and I can apply the RE:Vision FieldsKit filter and color tweaks and export to h.264 640x480 4:2:2 for use on YouTube. Hooray and the family is happy viewing old home videos! BUT... Upon export are my videos being converted to DV's 4:1:1 color subsampling first, or are my exports being derived directly from the original 4:2:2 files and converted directly to h.264 4:2:2? I'm NOT using the "Use preview files" check box when exporting, so I'm hoping I'm getting all the picture quality available in the original files despite the sequence being DV. If not, do I need to do anything to the sequence settings to make it right? Am I going about this all wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]