FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro - Warp Stabilization Failed

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Vizcarra
Premiere Pro - Warp Stabilization Failed
on Mar 31, 2017 at 5:24:19 pm

Hello Creative Cow (reps),

I am currently working my latest drone video production and getting a Stabilization Failed notice when apply the Warp Stabilizer effect to a nested clip.

Here are my following specs:

Premiere Pro: 2017.01 v11.0 (11.01 (6) Build)
iMac (27-inch, Late 2009)
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1067 MNz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

Video clips are 3840x2160 29.97fps pixel aspect ratio 1.0 and are downscaled into a 1920x1080 29.97fps pixel aspect ratio 1.0 sequence.

When working with an old Premiere Pro CC 2014 version, warp stabilization does not fail. Not sure what the issue is with 2017.01 v11 version.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Premiere Pro - Warp Stabilization Failed
on Mar 31, 2017 at 6:36:08 pm

Nest the clip then apply, see how that will go.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

James Barry
on Mar 31, 2017 at 6:49:51 pm

Is there a clip above or below the clip you're trying to stabilize? For whatever reason that sometimes freaks War Stabilizer out. As already suggested, nest the clip and try stabilizing the nest.

Return to posts index

Jay Vizcarra
on Mar 31, 2017 at 8:15:24 pm

As a standard routine, it is nested and warp stabilization applied to the particular nest but still no luck.
Could it be a GPU issue?

Return to posts index

James Barry
on Mar 31, 2017 at 8:50:47 pm

Have you received this error before, or is it just this clip? Have you tried applying the Warp Stabilizer directly to the clip instead of the nest? Have you tried converting the .MOV file to a different format such as H.264?

Sorry I know these aren't solid answers, but if the problem continues you may want to drop a post in the forums at Adobe.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Mar 31, 2017 at 9:24:33 pm

Hi Jay,

GPU would not affect this since you're GPU is not supported in Premiere Pro. Side note - You would see significant performance improvements using a machine with a supported GPU.

Two things you can try since nesting did not work:

1. Making sure there are no overlapping clips when applying warp stabilizer (as James mentioned).
2. Try creating a new project with only the problematic clip and applying warp stabilizer. If that works you can import the clip from the new project into your original project via Media Browser.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Jay Vizcarra
on Mar 31, 2017 at 10:26:11 pm

James,
When applying directly to the clip, it will state the common clip dimension mismatch and recommending to use a nest.
I will try a .mov conversion to H.264 to see if that process will work however that would be a lot of clips to convert later.

Peter,
There are no overlapping (nested) clips... Sorry for the confusion in the original screenshot sent. The stabilization failure was with clips in the beginning of the timeline. The additional windows opened are blocked that portion of the sequence.

I will give the new project with clip and stabilizer a go and reply my results.

By the way, I appreciate the quick responses here. You guys are quick to assist and that's pretty awesome!

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Djordjevic
on Jul 29, 2017 at 11:37:59 am
Last Edited By Aleksandar Djordjevic on Jul 29, 2017 at 11:43:11 am

I have a similar problem with warp stabilization. When applaying effects everything works flawlesly in preview. But when I render entire sequence, parts with warp applied are choppy. Reading your answers I think it could be due to clips overlapping (cross disolve) But the strange thing is that everything is ok while previewing the timeline... Anyone have an idea why is that happening?
I forgot. It doesn't matter what export settings are. It happens every time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]