FORUMS: list search recent posts

Computer thoughts

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Merklein
Computer thoughts
on Mar 31, 2017 at 4:03:53 pm

Well I'm finally going to replace my old computer so I can edit at home. No heavy After Effects.

I'm looking at an Aspire GX-785_UR19.

i7-7700 Quad core 3.6 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 3 gigs memory
Only 16 gigs RAM, but can add more
1 TB HDD and 256 GB ssd
$1,199

OR

CybertronPC Palladium-1070X VR Ready Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel i7-6700 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 1TB HDD
$1,299

Any suggestions or a thought wou;d be much appreciated. My max price is $1,300

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Computer thoughts
on Mar 31, 2017 at 5:58:03 pm

The 6700 processor came out Q3-'15, while 7700 is new this year (7th gen vs. 6th gen 6700).

The Aspire has the newer processor plus an SSD boot drive which is very helpful to overall performance, so it has those two positives, but GPU is a step lower. However, the GPU only accelerates certain things in Premiere - overall, I believe the faster processor is going to be more beneficial than a faster GPU.

I would go with the Acer based on specs you shared. Newer processor, SSD, and a $100 less.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Apr 3, 2017 at 12:40:27 pm

Thanks for your input Jeff. I had an Acer many years ago and it was a great system. I do believe I'll go Acer again.

Best.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Apr 1, 2017 at 8:41:49 am

Both should work fine. Having said that I would look into Thunderbolt 3 connections as well.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Apr 1, 2017 at 2:23:41 pm

Thank you for the Thiunderbolt 3 suggestion. Now would I rig that between my computer and external media drive, or is that only to feed monitors. I'll be getting a Glyph stack.

Thanks again,

eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Apr 2, 2017 at 3:33:33 am

[Eric Merklein] "Thank you for the Thiunderbolt 3 suggestion. Now would I rig that between my computer and external media drive, or is that only to feed monitors. I'll be getting a Glyph stack."

You can use Thunderbolt 3 for many different things. Even external A/V gear.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Apr 28, 2017 at 3:02:44 pm

The TB3 upgrade will most likely require you to swap out your motherboard. Both Asus and gigabyte offer TB3 enabled mobos. You just need to find a mobo that is compatible with your chipset.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]