FORUMS: list search recent posts

My file size is too big!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Balser
My file size is too big!
on Mar 29, 2017 at 3:42:09 pm

Hey Forum,

I recently did a multicam shoot of a concert with my Canon Rebel T5, a GoPro Hero 3, and some small, consumer grade, Sony camcorder. The shoot went well, except for when I got back and upload my footage, it was all different sizes! The GoPro footage and camcorder footage was much smaller than my Canon. I'm editing in a 1920 x 1080 Premiere project, so it looked terrible. I replaced the Gopro footage and the Sony camcorder footage with aftereffects projects in order to add the 'detail preserving upscale' effect to my clips so they fit in the 1920 x 1080 project. It worked like a charm, until I tried to render and export the video. The file size was so large(146,000 KB). The format I used in the media encoder options box is H.264 with the YouTube 1080p HD preset. This has worked to compress videos to the desired size in the past, but not this time. I'm a bit lost as to how to get my file down to a manageable size so I can send it to my boss. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

P.S. The video is about 6 minutes long.

Return to posts index

James Barry
Re: My file size is too big!
on Mar 29, 2017 at 4:13:39 pm

To be honest 146MB is pretty lean for a 6min long 1080 mp4, generally they're in the 400-500MB neighborhood . There are plenty of free transfer services that allow you to send files up to 2GB like WeTransfer.com if you need to get a full sized HD render to your boss.

But if 146MB is too big for what you need, then you can always try reducing the bitrate of your output. And considering that it sounds like a lot of your footage was shot in 720p, you could probably downscale your 1080 footage instead of upscaling your 720. Then export at 720 with a reduced bitrate to get an even smaller file size.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]