FORUMS: list search recent posts

XAVC rewrap gamma change

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Swensson
XAVC rewrap gamma change
on Mar 27, 2017 at 2:45:25 pm

Hello!

I'm having a little problem which I'm hoping someone knows how to solve that doesn't take forever.

So I'm working with 4k XAVC-I footage from a Sony FS7. I realized it was too heavy for for my computer to handle in Premiere so I had to make proxies. I used EditReady and while I did that I removed the sound since there is no recorded sound on the clips. This took like 24 hours or something (insane).

Then I imported my XAVC-I footage into Premiere and and linked it to my new prores proxies (1080 & 2k). This didn't work since the original files have audio tracks and the proxy clips doesn't. Very annoying.

So I took all my original XAVC clips and just rewrapped them without sound to .mov. This worked and the proxies linked just fine!

The problem now however is that the rewrapped original footage looks a lot darker than my proxys (the proxys look right) inside Premiere when switching from original footage to proxy. Very strange. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: XAVC rewrap gamma change
on Mar 27, 2017 at 7:10:03 pm

Hi Felix,

When you say " just rewrapped them without sound to .mov", how did you achieve that?

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Felix Swensson
Re: XAVC rewrap gamma change
on Mar 27, 2017 at 7:18:57 pm

Hello Vince!

I used the program EditReady and used the following settings
Video Format: Passthrough (no change)
Audio Format: None

It's still XAVC-I but just with a .mov wrapper.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]