FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Closed Captions - from transcript

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Davis
Creating Closed Captions - from transcript
on Mar 21, 2017 at 2:43:02 pm

I've seen many tutorials on creating closed captions. They all copy and paste the transcript into captions line by line.

Is there any way to import ALL of the transcript at once, without having to copy and past for EVERY SINGLE LINE?

I've used third party softwares to create captions before and what they do is allow you to import an entire transcript file as plain text and it parses it up via character count into separate caption boxes and then you simply play through the video, hitting the "i" key for when you'd like the in point for each caption to start.

You sometimes need to adjust the text slightly, but overall it's WAY simpler and less tedious than in premiere.

Please tell me that I just haven't learned the right way to do it in Premiere yet.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Stewart
Re: Creating Closed Captions - from transcript
on Mar 21, 2017 at 11:48:19 pm

I am in the same position, the CC process through Premiere is so tedious and time consuming.

I have not tried any third party applications though, are there any simple ways of converting a transcript in a .srt file?

Return to posts index

Connie Collins
on Nov 18, 2017 at 8:00:53 pm

I haven't found anyway to do full transcript import into captions in Premiere Pro. Would love that, but in the meantime anyone have recommendations on third party software?
Connie

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 19, 2017 at 3:18:51 am

Avoid Premiere altogether. Amara.org is a great alternative.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 19, 2017 at 2:38:13 pm

There is an online caption house that is great. They charge $1/min. with or without a transcript and they are fast

Rev.com

I have hundreds of programs to them. I have full the pro version of captionmaker So I Can Do Anything In house But it is not cost Effective To Do So.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]