FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choppy Scrolling on Windows

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DeStefano
Choppy Scrolling on Windows
on Mar 21, 2017 at 2:44:59 am
Last Edited By Dan DeStefano on Mar 21, 2017 at 2:52:03 am

Hey Forum! I've got a maxed out Windows 10 PC using a Glyph RAID drive connected via USB 3.0 and scrolling through my clips in the Project panel is a choppy mess.

I've tried restarting, closing all of my other programs, and closing all the items running in the background. I also tried reducing the amount of metadata on display, still runs like a slideshow. Not the end of the world, but something that seems fodder for Pentium i3s or FireWire 400.

Is this just normal for Premiere? Does anyone know a magic bullet for this?

Thanks!

Windows 10.0.14393
Intel Core i7 -6800K @ 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX 1070
32 GB RAM
Glyph STUDIORAID USB 3.0

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Choppy Scrolling on Windows
on Mar 21, 2017 at 9:38:22 am

So scrolling the project panel itself is lagging? Are you in the thumbnail or list view? What kind of footage do you have? What's the read/write speeds of the Glyph? Where's your media cache located?

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 21, 2017 at 6:51:01 pm

And is there any headroom left on your drives? Is your storage over 90% full?
TC

Return to posts index

Dan DeStefano
on Mar 22, 2017 at 3:36:24 am

Yeah got plenty of space on the drive and my C: drive has 15% free space

Return to posts index

Dan DeStefano
on Mar 22, 2017 at 3:35:50 am

Correct, scrolling the project panel itself is lagging. I'm in List view. The footage is MTS and ProRes 422. It's a StudioRaid, I'm not sure why a list would take so long to scroll no matter what the storage. The media cache is on my C: drive, which is an SSD with plenty of space. The problem seems to lie when I make the window span the screen vertically. It scrolls fine when its a small window in the corner.

Return to posts index

Michael Paolantonio
on Nov 10, 2017 at 8:59:58 pm

Any luck resolving this? I'm seeing the exact same behavior--scrolling is almost unusable as I scroll through thumbnails in Bins. I have to click and drag the scroll bar to browse.

It seems like a weird interaction between Windows and Adobe, and probably not something that we can fix. It's really frustrating.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 11, 2017 at 6:43:28 am

Michael, you're also working from a raid? I'm on Windows 10 as well and have no lag at all within the project panel. What about trashing all of your Premiere preferences and starting fresh?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]