FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME Encodes different from PPro encodes...read on

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
AME Encodes different from PPro encodes...read on
on Mar 20, 2017 at 10:14:51 pm

ok, take one video clip. Export media. Choose DNxHD/DNxHR etc format. Preset DNxHR 4K 24p. This will give C4K dimensions, 4096x2160 24p. If I encode using Premiere Pro, that is precisely what I get, and when I drag it to the timeline, that is what I'm seeing in the Program window.

However, if I choose "queue" and encode it using Media Encoder, same format, same preset, same specifics (4096, etc.) that is what I get, BUT, when I drag it to the timeline, I can see that it's squeezed by 1/2", with black bars 1/4" thick on both sides in the Program window. The info panel says the same as it does for the PPro encoded file, 4096x2160 at 24fps. But it doesn't fill the window. You can clearly see that it's being squeezed. It's not missing pixels. It's like anti-anamorphic.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's a pain to transcode my clips one at a time using PPro.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: AME Encodes different from PPro encodes...read on
on Mar 21, 2017 at 4:58:19 am

What are your sequence/export settings? What is the resolution of the source file?

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: AME Encodes different from PPro encodes...read on
on Mar 21, 2017 at 1:06:58 pm

Sounds like the rcport ends up UHD at 3840 wide. And is then padded back to 4096.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]