FORUMS: list search recent posts

Forcing Premier Pro to check servers for updated source content..

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Johnson
Forcing Premier Pro to check servers for updated source content..
on Mar 20, 2017 at 6:35:35 pm

Emptying all caches. We have various sources on a dedicated server.

Source file may be updated, but then when redering out a sequence from Premier Pro, the (audio usually) either drops completely or, plays an older version.

So sometimes there is an audio update to a source files (movie clips) or complete editing (again movie clips) placed within Premier but there isn't an alert about the sources being updated and therefore, doesn't update the source.

Can't seem to find a preference anywhere that is keeping Premier from checking all links before render or upon opening a Premier file.

Any ideas? We have considered it's a server bottleneck issue but not a lot of traffic on this server.

Return to posts index

Michael Foster
Re: Forcing Premier Pro to check servers for updated source content..
on Mar 20, 2017 at 7:42:19 pm

Sounds like a file-handling issue. This might seem rudimentary, and might be more time-consuming on the front end. But what I like to do, is contain an entire project within one folder. If I have to use other sources from other projects I copy and create duplicate files. I know it eats time and space, but it works for my setup and needs. My projects aren't very large, and I rarely pull from past work. If I was doing a TV show I might create a unique file system so that I wasn't duplicating everything all the time but I'd still have a contained master folder and each project within each episode and maybe separate system for C-log.

You're using proxy-files, right?

-Foster

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Mar 20, 2017 at 8:58:50 pm

We are pulling the files directly from their original locations simply because the local space is limited.

Return to posts index

Michael Foster
on Mar 21, 2017 at 2:40:08 pm

I think only proxy files will update. Unless there's a naming issue where multiple files have the same name and adobe can't figure out which one to use.

Limited space always the case, and never fun. I try to build it into the budget. 2 TB is $140? Or a 64TB is like 6 large? Whatever the case, I always let my clients know up front what it will cost to edit it, and storage is part of the overhead costs.

-Foster

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]