FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I sync a clip from my source monitor to a pre-existing sequence using audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Ihloff
How do I sync a clip from my source monitor to a pre-existing sequence using audio?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 2:42:38 pm

I'm producing a music video. I've already got the full length audio already in my sequence. I've got a clip in my source monitor that has only a portion of the audio married to the video clip. Is there a way to add that clip to my sequence and automatically sync to the audio that's already in my sequence without creating a multicam clip?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How do I sync a clip from my source monitor to a pre-existing sequence using audio?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 3:52:40 pm

This isn't automatic but it works:
Scrub audio in source & timeline and find a sync point. Add it to the timeline. It will probably be off a bit. move the clip backward/forward on the timeline until it'synced. If it takes more than a minute, you're doing it wrong.

Once synced, you can then trim the clip as needed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: How do I sync a clip from my source monitor to a pre-existing sequence using audio?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 5:13:14 pm

Since you have a guide track on each clip Premiere can sync your video to the master music track automatically via the waveform without any outboard software such as Pluraleyes. Search the help feature for instructions or search YouTube for a tutorial.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]