FORUMS: list search recent posts

full screen playback in second monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bonsai Detta
full screen playback in second monitor
on Mar 12, 2017 at 7:39:59 pm

Hi,
It's my first time to use Premiere for a long film.
I don't understand how can I see the full screen playback in my second monitor and the timeline with the same video in my first monitor, like in avid.
When I choose the full screen playback I can only see the full screen where I have the monitor of the source.
But is not good for me.
I want to see in my first monitor the timeline, the input monitor and the output monitor and in the external monitor i want to see the full screen of the timeline where I work.
Is it possible?
I use premiere cc 2017.
And another thing, can I see the timeline of the input and the timeline of the output? In avid there's a botton for switch to one from the other.
I attached a picture for explain me better, my english is a little bit poor.
You can see what I want in Premiere.
Thanks

immage:
11134_foto.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: full screen playback in second monitor
on Mar 13, 2017 at 8:52:43 am

Go to the menu bar. Select edit and scroll down to preference. Then select playback. You should see your second computer monitor and any third party hardware devices.

Return to posts index

Aynsley Baldwin
on Mar 22, 2017 at 9:25:31 pm

I am having a similar problem to Bonsai, though maybe not exactly the same.

I have a dual monitor set up on my Mac, with both monitors connected through my video card. On then left screen, I have my project panel/bins. On the right screen, I have my timeline, source and program monitors. I want to be able to go in and out of full screen playback, but tell Premiere to do this on the left screen over my project panel. I am attempting to do this via Enable Mercury Transmit, but regardless of which monitor I have checked off, the full screen will always appear on the right monitor overtop of my timeline. I have heard that sometimes if one panel overlaps the other screen slightly, it will cause problems with Mercury Transmit, but that is not the case for me. Any other ideas? I had this problem once in the past and it took much frustration to finally come up with a solve, but unfortunately I can't remember what that was.

Also, I'm not totally clear what the difference is between the Enable Transmit and Toggle Full Screen functions in Premiere. I haven't been able to find a good answer anywhere. Anyone able to shed any light?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Mar 23, 2017 at 12:00:39 am

Hi Aynsley

Try going to your Mac System Preferences > Display > Arrangement. Drag the white menu bar to the display you want to act as the primary monitor (the monitor you want your timeline/program monitor to be shown). When you enable Transmit, it should work as you desired.

The difference between 'Enable Transmit' and 'Toggle Full Screen'. Toggle Full screen is a way to preview your sequence without any Premiere UI showing. Your video takes up the entire screen. This is great when working on a single monitor. Transmit allows you to always be in the mode using a 2nd monitor.

Hope this makes sense and helps. If not let me know.

Thanks,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
on May 23, 2017 at 5:48:26 am

And how about Windows 10? Mercury Transmit has been broken ever sinced I upgraded to CC 2017. Toggle Fullscreen only toggles to the main display with timeline as you said, and Mercury Transmit has no effect whatsoever on any display. No Full Screen, except with "Toggle Fullscreen" on the main display, which is useless for me.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on May 23, 2017 at 5:41:02 pm

Hi Timo,

What kind of computer and GPU do you have?

A few ideas:

- In you have Sonic Suite installed. Try closing or uninstalling the app

- Updating or rolling back your GPU driver

- Turn off the extended display option

Hope this gets you going if not let us know.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]