FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premier Pro Trimming Merged Tracks while Syncing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Gillespie
Adobe Premier Pro Trimming Merged Tracks while Syncing
on Mar 10, 2017 at 3:08:17 pm

Hello!

I'm syncing audio for a short horror film in Adobe Premier Pro CC and encountering an issue.

When I insert Inpoints at the clap both on the audio and the video and proceed to merge clips, the merged clip that is created is trimmed to only begin from the clap, where the Inpoints where. I'm wondering does anyone know how to merge clips by inpoints so that all the video remains?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dominic

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Adobe Premier Pro Trimming Merged Tracks while Syncing
on Mar 10, 2017 at 3:37:29 pm

I'd stay away from merged clips. They have a history of serious issues.

I decent replacement is using multicam for instead. You can sync audio only sources in the multicam group,.

Return to posts index

Dominic Gillespie
Re: Adobe Premier Pro Trimming Merged Tracks while Syncing
on Mar 10, 2017 at 6:36:12 pm

Thanks John. I have come across of quite a few reports online of issue's with merged clips that have me concerned.

As I'll be syncing a substantial amount of footage that I'll be working with for the next number of weeks I'd like to suss the best method before I go on. This is the first I've heard of the the multicam option as an alternative. Do you know of any articles, tutorials or forum threads that weigh up the pros and cons of this workflow?

It's strange if Merging seems to be the main recommended method of syncing audio not to be able to sync using Inpoints or Outpoints without trimming everything before the point from the clip however I've figured I can use Markers instead to create untrimmed synced clips.

Thanks!

Dominic

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]