FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC 2017 Mac Intel Tower Reviews

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
CC 2017 Mac Intel Tower Reviews
on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:08:37 pm

Is everyone satisfied with their upgrade to CC 2017 on Mac Intel Towers with AJA cards? We are probably sticking with Yosemite for a while but are considering moving to CC 2017....any major issues anyone seeing with our config? We have one system moved into it but haven't been able to really run it thru its paces.

Thoughts welcome.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: CC 2017 Mac Intel Tower Reviews
on Mar 10, 2017 at 3:41:06 pm

I found performance with AJA intolerable. Lots of issues. I switched to a Blackmagic card and things are much better.

Odd, since, I also use Avid and FCP (for revisiting old projects) and I think AJA was better for those NLE's.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Mar 10, 2017 at 4:14:28 pm

Curious which AJA product. We are running all LHi's in our Mac towers and they have been flawless while our Blackmagic 4K card has been fussy. We upgraded all our video cards for more Vram and processing power on the GPU. That helped along with an SSD PCI boot up drive.

But AJA has been solid for years, no matter the OS or editing software.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 10, 2017 at 11:05:03 pm

Had the Kona LHe Plus (the newer model, not the old unsupported one). I also work at a place that has an AJA iO 4K, and its pretty lousy with Premiere, too.

Not a real fan of BMD overall, but I needed something that works.

Return to posts index

Steve Holyhead
on Mar 17, 2017 at 11:16:42 pm

Hey Rich,
As long as you are on a bona fide Intel based tower with PCIe slots, then the latest AJA driver (12.5.1) will support KONA 4, KONA 3G, KONA LHi and KONA LHe plus, across:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan) and 10.12.x (Sierra).

For Adobe AJA supports:
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, 2017 • Adobe After Effects CC 2015, 2017 • Adobe Photoshop CC 2015, 2017 • Adobe Prelude CC 2015, 2017 • Adobe Audition CC 2015, 2017

Of course, if you run into any issues at all – please be in touch with AJA tech support.
AJA support is free and if you call during business hours PT – you will get a real, live and knowledge human being on the phone ☺
https://www.aja.com/support/contact
Cheers,
Steve…

Steve Holyhead
Sr. Product Manager
AJA Video Systems

Return to posts index

Karel Voners
on Mar 13, 2017 at 9:43:17 pm

I don't have aja cards, but tried CC2017 on OSX 10.12. It crashed two times in under an hour...

Return to posts index

Marcus Taylor
on Mar 15, 2017 at 10:04:53 pm

I tried using a new Kona Card which was meant to display 4K. Now our project is unique in that we want to play 60fps, and also work with 4K. The result was a choppy playback all the time.

We gave up using PP CC with the AJA card and opted to view our VR material via more graphics cards inside our PC. Nvidia graphics cards.

Plus we maxed out the RAM and used SSDs. Playback is still not as fluid as an AVID - but there again this is 4K.

M

Return to posts index

Steve Holyhead
on Mar 17, 2017 at 11:20:15 pm

Hi Marcus,
I am sorry to hear you have had problems - especially since the KONA 4 is completely capable of delivery 4K P60.
I am curious if you contacted support? We would love to help!
AJA support is free and if you call during business hours PT (8am to 5pm) – you will get a real, live and knowledge human being on the phone.
https://www.aja.com/support/contact
Cheers,
Steve…

Steve Holyhead
Sr. Product Manager
AJA Video Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]