FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED footage playback problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremiah Belt
RED footage playback problems
on Mar 9, 2017 at 5:31:25 pm

I used to have no issue playing back 5-6K R3D files at full rez with no frame drops in a 1080P timeline. It would sometimes need one play through on occasion but then have no drops.

Recently did some upgrades to my system (new Samsung 960 Pro 1TB boot and cache drive. 3,200MBs Read and 2,000MBs write) and re-installed Windows 10 and the whole lot. Now I have odd dropped frames and stuttering at Full playback settings. Seems to be slightly better when Premiere is only on one screen but still there. Rendering helps but still the occasional drop. Changing the preview rez to half solves the bulk of the issues...still some slight stutters but usually cleans up after a bit. 1/4 rez no prob.

I have tried multiple sequence settings, audio settings, cache settings, moved all the assets from my RAID 5 (600MBs) to my new fast drive, including all cache, to see if the RAID is just degraded and same thing. Premiere 15.4 to 17 same thing. These timelines are mixed from one track to three tracks with alpha. But the drops happen even over the one track. I have tried changing the Black Magic card drivers to no avail.

I'm beginning to wonder if my graphics drivers are the issue with Premiere and I should downgrade a few generations back? Proxing the footage obviously resolves the issues as it doesn't have to deal with the R3Ds.

This same timeline in Resolve plays back flawlessly at Full Debayer 16bit.....so definitely a Premiere thing.

Any ideas I haven't thought of before I go down the Nvidia driver Rabbit hole?

System Specs: Windows 10
Dual Xeon 2678Ws 32 cores
32GBs Memory
Dual Nvidia 980Tis
8TB RAID 5 on ATTO card (400-900MBs depending on fullness and degradation)
1TB Samsung 960 Pro boot drive and cache drive
1TB RAID 0 dual 512GB Corsair GTs being used for Premiere cache (900MBs)
Black Magic Card (Decklink HD Extreme 3D+)
Flanders LM-2461W broadcast monitor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]