FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier Pro CC Dynamic Link slow/choppy playback render.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Wonsly
Premier Pro CC Dynamic Link slow/choppy playback render.
on Mar 7, 2017 at 10:25:56 pm

Hi all, I've searched the threads on this one, and left questions, but no response. I have heavy AE files that need to be dynamically linked. Im a very happy user of FCPx, but i started trying to to use Premier Pro CC because Im going to need to adjust at least 45 of the 55 shots a lot as i go along in the video edit, so i decided Dynamic Linking was the answer. But now Im reading in this forum that due to the level of AE effects on each shot, that i may have to render them out before I edit in Premier Pro? The way this project is performing at 1/8 resolution in PP its just as fast to do the entire final edit in AE, but that is crazy slow too. Im on a Pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014, i can't use the Premier with dynamics its crazy slow,
Am i just going to have render every file out of AE each time i adjust it? in which case I'll have to go back to FCPx because of its faster renders and because I'm a faster editor in it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premier Pro CC Dynamic Link slow/choppy playback render.
on Mar 7, 2017 at 11:08:50 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 7, 2017 at 11:23:58 pm

[Justin Wonsly] "Am i just going to have render every file out of AE each time i adjust it?"

No, you're going to have to adopt a workflow where you don't assume you can tweak AE every time you darned well please. You figure out what you're going to do in AE ahead of time. You suck it and PLAN.

People got by without assuming they could tweak in AE for... well, for decades now, and if they did tweak a comp they resigned themselves to the knowledge that a slowdown was inevitable. You can do it, too.

I hope you're not using Dynamic Link for round-tripping, i.e. Dynamic link video to AE, work on the comp and Dynamic link back to PP. Dynamic link is NOT the most bulletproof piece of software in the world, I assure you. I'd try to figure a Plan B for my workflow if I were you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 8, 2017 at 3:08:53 am

I recommend you look into the Render and Replace workflow:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/render-replace-effects-compositi...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:59:45 am

Thanks for the information guys.
Walter, this may be a great solution. So thank you for bringing it to my attention.
At present I think i have decided to go ahead with using FCPx. My thinking is that as i know it well, and as its render times are faster, i will just do the standard render each time i update the AE files. We'll see if it works out, or i start in PP again.
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]