FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote control

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Merklein
Remote control
on Mar 4, 2017 at 3:41:41 pm

I'm looking to seee if there is a good system out there that will let me control my PC at work, so I can edit with Premiere Pro at home.

Thanks much

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Remote control
on Mar 4, 2017 at 5:07:45 pm

Oh, snap. I was hoping for an automated editing query. Bummer. 'Cause I just found a "do the project for me" plugin.

Spreadsheets are one thing. Multiple streams of HD video with audio tracks playing in real time take just a wee, tiny-little bit more of a data stream.

If you find something that works, shout it from the rooftops. Better yet, tell everybody where you bought your magic wand.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Mar 4, 2017 at 6:21:04 pm

For remote control, I currently use the free version of Teamviewer. However, I have tried editing with it and a couple of other paid services, but they were plagued with latency issues with both audio and video playback - even with very fast internet speeds. I mean, it's certainly possible to edit remotely this way, but you will soon hate it, and soon after that abandon it.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Mar 5, 2017 at 12:12:35 am
Last Edited By Alex Udell on Mar 5, 2017 at 12:19:15 am

Is a low res proxy to a sync'd storage location (say adobe creative cloud or drop box) out of the question?

then you can edit.... at home...(depending on the proxies your home machine could be much less powerful machine)

and still potentially just log into the office system to switch to hi -res and export?

you utilize team viewer to do non synchronous stuff on the office machine (final titles, some color, etc)...

which would e easily be doable via team viewer, etc...

you could set it up as a "team project" even though you're the only team member working on it. This would help account for media pathing at each location.

don't forget that with CC, you get two machine access with each subscription...so with one CC you'd have enough license to cover both your home and office machine at the same time....

?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]