FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Editor Having Issues With Premiere CC 2017, Can Anyone Lend A Hand

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
larry tempesta
Avid Editor Having Issues With Premiere CC 2017, Can Anyone Lend A Hand
on Mar 1, 2017 at 2:00:54 am

I have 2 issues, first one is when I mark and in/out on the timeline and I try to cut a clip in the clip goes way past the out point, its as if the out point isnt ever there? Seems to happen randomly, some times I get the exact in and out point and sometimes it ignores the out point, any help? My other issue has been driving me nuts, I'm trying to simply fade out the end of a song and I cant seem to get the cross fade to fade out past the end of the music track, it will only fade right to the end of the track and it wont give me the option to switch the fade to "end" only "start"? I tried all the audio transitions and theyre all the same I can only move the transition between 2 clips, I cant extend the fade past the end of the clip. In avid if I wanted to fade out a song underneith the start of a new song I would just move the clip to the next audio track down add a dissolve and bam. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Larry

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid Editor Having Issues With Premiere CC 2017, Can Anyone Lend A Hand
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:36:56 am

Premiere doesn't have the ability to do dissolves past the end of a clip into an empty track. Thats an Avid thing, because the timeline in Avid is not empty, but rather is filler.

Not exactly sure whats going on with your editing from the source monitor.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:18:12 am

[larry tempesta] "I have 2 issues, first one is when I mark and in/out on the timeline and I try to cut a clip in the clip goes way past the out point, its as if the out point isnt ever there? Seems to happen randomly, some times I get the exact in and out point and sometimes it ignores the out point, any help? "

Do you have any in and out points marked in the sequence?

Return to posts index

larry tempesta
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:25:30 am

Yes, I mark and in and out in my sequence and when I cut in my clip it goes way past the out point ignoring the out

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 1, 2017 at 7:49:26 am

If you're not getting a window prompting you to choose how the edit will behave (ignore in, ignore out, fit to fill) then you've probably chosen to ignore out by default. The default behaviour setting should be found under the preferences.

Return to posts index

larry tempesta
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:26:22 pm

Hey Tero, it worked! Thanks for the help! It's weird why that wouldnt be the default setting for Premiere but thanks man!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:03:01 pm

You know, if you wanted to do an Avid-style audio fade, you could make a minute-long audio-only clip of silence.
Or you can just use keyframes on the audio track for the fadeout.

The thing I miss is the lack of Avid's "t" keyboard shortcut -- highlight the clip, hit the t key and you've got the in & out point on the timeline. Very handy for replacing clips. I haven't yet found its equivalent in PP

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:42:11 pm

"The thing I miss is the lack of Avid's "t" keyboard shortcut -- highlight the clip, hit the t key and you've got the in & out point on the timeline. Very handy for replacing clips. I haven't yet found its equivalent"

Dave,

Wouldn't the X key (mark clip)do that for you (provided you have the track targeted?
It would be nice if you could map 'Replace With Clip/in Source Monitor, Match Frame" to the keyboard. This requires no marks at all.

Return to posts index

larry tempesta
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:48:55 pm

Hey Dave, I just figured out the "t" function. Its called "mark Selection" in the keyboard menu, its already mapped to "/" key but if you search it you can drop it on the "t" key.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:55:38 pm

Hey, thanks, gents! I do only the most basic of video editing. Nothing fancy. I'll check out both suggested techniques.

I run PP on an Avid-symbol keyboard. I was always a little reluctant to try the x key. It can have annoying consequences in Avid.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:07:48 pm

Larry's suggestion is better. Marks the clip you click on and does not require track targeting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]