FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uninstalling Premeire CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lebovitz
Uninstalling Premeire CC
on Feb 28, 2017 at 6:45:29 pm

Sorry if this is a bit convoluted. I was using Premiere CC. I cancelled the subscription, and began using CS6 that I brought over from another computer through TimeMachine. All other programs in CS6 are working fine but when I launch CS6 Premiere it launches the CC version as a trial version. I've tired to uninstall CC and get errors. I've downloaded the Cleaner app and clean all of CC but still no luck.

Any help??

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Uninstalling Premeire CC
on Mar 1, 2017 at 3:10:50 am

I seem to remember a time when I could not uninstall any cc 2014 programs. If I remember correctly, find the folder named OOBE. Don't delete it in case I'm wrong, but temporarily rename it, then try to uninstall Premiere Pro cc.

Return to posts index

Mark Glenister
on Mar 1, 2017 at 9:33:03 am

Did you uninstall premiere using the CC app manager? I imagine it will be the app manager causing your problems if it thinks CC still exists on your comp.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 1, 2017 at 12:48:15 pm

If you uninstall from the Control Panel it opens the app manager to do the uninstalling.

Return to posts index

Mark Glenister
on Mar 1, 2017 at 1:02:35 pm

Are you talking about Windows Duke? I think the OP is on mac as he mentioned App Cleaner. On a mac you can also just chuck the app in the trash to uninstall with most stand alone applications, but with suites of applications such as adobe, doing so can cause these sort of complications and therefore should be uninstalled through the application manager.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 1, 2017 at 1:51:33 pm

Yes, I'm on a PC, but they have app cleaner for PC as well. It runs as a command prompt and you choose which programs you want to clean off your system, including creative cloud.

Return to posts index

David Lebovitz
on Mar 6, 2017 at 4:29:23 pm

When I run the Premiere CC uninstaller I get the Uninstalled Failed window. (errors, try restart, exit apps, try Cleaner.. blah blah).

I downloaded and tried the CC uninstaller. It tells me it was completed with errors.

When I launch CS6 Premiere from the Applications folder, it launches CC in a trial mode. I've used Cleaner to get all CC off, thrown CC Premiere away and it is just not getting rid of it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 6, 2017 at 4:38:22 pm

Did you delete or rename the OOBE folder like I suggested?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]