FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Proxies for an established project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug O'Connor
Creating Proxies for an established project
on Feb 27, 2017 at 4:26:55 pm

Hi,

I have come into an established project, with a fair amount of footage, about 20 TB. (about 140 hours of 1080p) They have been editing already for a year or so.
I would like to create a proxy media set for home, and I want to assure I won't be breaking any links to sequences that have already been cut, which is a significant amount and also includes string outs with synced audio from external recorders, etc. I have looked around, and I understand the basic process of proxy creation.

What I was planning on doing was to go into each bin which contains the source clips, just select all, then right click and "create Proxies" using a preset I have made to create very small files, then write them to a folder on my work drive. Finally, I would transfer these to a shuttle to use with my laptop.

Can it be this easy? I feel like I am missing something.
I appreciate any thoughts or insight anyone can offer.

Many Thanks

Doug O'Connor
Z Post

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Creating Proxies for an established project
on Feb 27, 2017 at 11:04:31 pm

Hi Doug,

Your workflow sounds fine. Creating the proxies before the edits are made certainly simplifies things but this should work for you. Though I'm not totally up to date on current issues.

The one area a see potential issues with is the synched audio. Note that Merged Clips is not supported.

I'd try a smaller sample of files to see how it goes before kicking off 400hrs of proxies ☺

Report back how it goes!

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Doug O'Connor
Re: Creating Proxies for an established project
on Feb 28, 2017 at 1:09:23 pm

Thanks Peter,

I will run a small scale test before I create proxies for the whole project.

Doug
Z Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]