FORUMS: list search recent posts

Partial audio import failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Ramirez
Partial audio import failure
on Feb 24, 2017 at 1:28:43 am

I've been having issues importing mp4 clips into premiere with full audio. It happens every once in a while and I usually just clean out my cache and re-import and everything is fine. The past few times this hasn't worked though. No matter how many times I clean my cache and re-import my clip comes in like this:

Media encoder cut out the audio as well when I tried to convert the file to an mp3 or wav. So far my current "fix" for this is to upload the clips to youtube then convert them into mp3s and re-sync. Tedious right? Especially if the clips are long. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm using Premiere Pro CC (2017) on a 2012 Mac (OS X El Capitan), the videos I'm importing are mp4s from my playstation 4. I've clean out my cache using premiere's preferences menu and omnidisksweeper for mac. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Partial audio import failure
on Feb 24, 2017 at 6:11:35 pm

Are you SURE this is PP's fault? Have you successfully played the problem clips in other applications?

And I gotta tell you, PP CC 2017 comes with a whole bagful of issues, many of which are tough to diagnose & fix because they're just so screwy.
You might have better success using PP CC 2015.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Julian Ramirez
on Feb 24, 2017 at 8:16:49 pm

Thanks for the response! I'll look into using CC 2015 again.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a premiere/adobe bug. The clips play fine with complete audio when I preview with the spacebar, open in quicktime or VLC. I can also extract the full audio after I upload the original clip to youtube. Premiere and Media Encoder are the only programs that clip the audio (although I haven't tried importing into Audition or After Effects, I'm assuming the results would be similar since they're all Adobe 2017 programs but I'll test it out).

This still happens every once in a while with other files (like mts or mov), that's how I learned about cleaning out my cache and re-importing. But I have noticed it happens more frequently with clips I download from my PS4. I may just try to capture footage differently if I can't solve this, which would be a shame since it's so convenient, but editors aren't used to convenience anyway, right? :)

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Feb 24, 2017 at 9:25:38 pm

Hi Julian,

Just to confirm you're capturing the recording directly on your PS4 and not using any other hardware/software?
Also, is this new behavior to a specific release or has this always been the case? Would you be able to provide a sample file that I can look at? You can upload to any sharing site.

Thanks,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]