Premiere batch export list with metadata

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Montes
Premiere batch export list with metadata
on Feb 17, 2017 at 9:35:43 am
Last Edited By Manuel Montes on Feb 17, 2017 at 9:58:21 am

Hello there:
I have been trying to export a list of files that are missing from my projects (because they were created by another people and didn't include the raw files) but when I use the batch export (File / Export / Batch list) I can only get the tape, in and out points and file name, and I'll like to have the original file dir, which I can see in the project panel. Is there any way to get this in batch export?

Return to posts index

doug brown
Re: Premiere batch export list with metadata
on Nov 16, 2017 at 7:06:57 pm

I finally found a use for the batch list export in my workflow. I've been using Premiere Pro since 2015 and never knew what to do with that function.

What I'd really like is to be able to print a bin with whatever info I choose to have in my bin, but beyond a screen grab, there's no way to do that.

Neither Apple (FCP) or Adobe (PP) has been able to reproduce adequately the print bin function in Avid.

I am not doing as many neg. pulls as I was in the film days, but for pulling stock footage lists to send to producers or the stock footage houses themselves, exporting an editable list is a great tool to have.

The batch list, while very limited in its meta, at least created some data you could export to a csv file that a producer could open in excel to edit the info from those files and to copy and paste that info as they so desired.

So, I was beyond dismayed to see that Adobe has removed the Batch List function in the latest CC 2018 release.

For all the new goodies I hear 2018 may bring, why after all this time is THAT the one thing they decide to do away with.

Maybe they could add a print bin function just to appease us!

doug brown
san francisco

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]