FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere timeline zooming issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomáš Lyga
Adobe Premiere timeline zooming issue
on Feb 16, 2017 at 9:20:01 pm

Hi,

I'm coming here for help as I'm desperate with this issue.

I'm working with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 on my new laptop. While I'm on my timeline and try to zoom in or out (using "alt" and mouse scroll) the timeline doesn't follow the mouse position. Instead it tends to go right on the timeline which is kinda frustrating. "Ctrl" button for moving horizontaly on the timeline doesn't work as well even though it's set up that way in preferences. However while working in Adobe After effects, everything goes just fine.

To be more precise I'm posting a short video as demostration:

What's wrong with my Premiere and how do I fix this issue? Thank you very much for your help.

P.S. My hardware requirements should be just fine: Nvidia GTX960 4Gb, i7 core, 16GB RAM, OS Windows 10
P.S.S. I'm also working with my other computer which has pretty much the same settings and hardware except for Windows 8.1. The zoom on timeline works just fine, but it probably won't be cause of the OS, because as I said earlier, After Effects works just fine.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adobe Premiere timeline zooming issue
on Feb 16, 2017 at 11:06:57 pm

Two different applications, and NEITHER of them was created originally by Adobe.
Two different behaviors.
I recommend you get used to the difference.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Feb 17, 2017 at 2:33:10 pm

Check the Settings for your brand of mouse. Sometimes there are options there to make it behave the you want it to.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Tomáš Lyga
on Mar 1, 2017 at 3:28:46 pm

I've already found a solution:

It's caused by 4k display settings, so what u need to do is set your resolution back to FullHD and restart your PC. After that it should just work fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]