FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitling program to export SRT and import into Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Johnson
Subtitling program to export SRT and import into Premiere?
on Feb 14, 2017 at 5:49:19 pm

Hi all,

The people on this forum have always been so helpful to me, and I wanted to ask for any thoughts about subtitling.
I have a doc and have been doing the translation and subtitling directly in the edit timeline. Going forward, I'd like to do it in a program that would give me a time-coded transcript that I could then export as an SRT (correct me if I'm wrong) and import into Premiere to lay the subtitles that way. Is there such a program? Would something like Belle Nuit or Inqscribe do this, or am I asking for the impossible?

Thanks very much!

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Subtitling program to export SRT and import into Premiere?
on Feb 16, 2017 at 6:54:19 pm

As I mentioned to you before, I use Title Exchange Pro for this and it works very well.

I use this template to enter the subtitles and timecodes and then use the psTitles utility from the Title Exchange Pro bundle to import it when complete:

11048_subtitletemplate.txt.zip

psTitles automatically launches Photoshop and creates all the subtitles at editable TIFFs and also creates an XML (and an EDL) that you can then bring into Premiere. All the subtitles will automatically relink to the imported sequence, which you can then copy and paste onto your master timeline.

You can open any of the subs into Photoshop directly from Premiere if you need to edit them.

Hope that helps.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Johnson
on Feb 16, 2017 at 8:47:55 pm

Thank you again, your advice about Title Exchange Pro for the transcript was so helpful. I've been able to use it to create transcript of subtitles in FCP, which is exactly what I was looking for.

For this matter I posted about, I was advised to use a program called PRT to bring an SRT into Premiere. It seems to be what I'm looking for, but I'm having some issues with it and will post about it separately here incase anyone has experience with it. I don't have Photoshop, otherwise the Title Exchange Pro option sounds great.

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Feb 17, 2017 at 9:14:07 am

Have you looked at this plug-in from Sugar FX?

I haven't used it myself but it should do what you're looking for.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]