FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loving Audio Control Surfaces in Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
Loving Audio Control Surfaces in Premiere?
on Feb 13, 2017 at 4:12:37 pm

Recently added the Behringer X Touch Universal Control Surface to my system and am finding there isnt much use for a surface.
Anyone finding these surfaces to be an indispensable tool? If so, I would love to hear how you use it in your edit.

What I would LIKE, is for it to NOT write keyframes, but to just adjust the level of the clip.
Example, playing through a timeline and I hear one clip that is lower or higher than need be, I just want to grab the fader to make it sound right and have it set the level just the same is if I grabbed a volume graph on the timeline without having keyframes.

Could have sworn I was able to do this years ago, but maybe that was in FCP...

How do you make use of your control surface?

Dan

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Loving Audio Control Surfaces in Premiere?
on Feb 13, 2017 at 4:30:46 pm

I don't really think there's a great need for an audio control surface for most users. That being said, in both PP and FCP, changing amplitude with the pen tool adds keyframes, changing with the standard arrow or mouse selection tool does not, so I'd assume that your audio control surface defaults to protocol that emulates the pen tool, but that it must have an option to toggle it to a protocol that behaves like the selection tool.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
Re: Loving Audio Control Surfaces in Premiere?
on Feb 13, 2017 at 6:32:26 pm

Yeah, good point on possibly toggling to selection vs Pen. Looking into it.
I always like the idea of grabbing a fader to bring down a level, but its pointless if it is writing keyframes because of the lag. By the time you hear it and grab it, it's too late.

Just wish the surfaces worked better for us because they look cool and clients like cool looking gadgets in an editing studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]