FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interface Refresh Lag in Premiere Pro on Dell XPS 15

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Mamisao
Interface Refresh Lag in Premiere Pro on Dell XPS 15
on Feb 12, 2017 at 11:23:19 pm

Hi all, I own a new Dell XPS 9550 (XPS 15), and I've noticed that in Adobe programs there is lag when I click around, for example, clicking around the timeline, using the menus, or hitting ~ to full screen. It takes an instant to respond, which is frustrating for workflow.

I have a Skylake i7 6700hq quad core and the GTX 960M, 32gb ram, 4k screen, and the latest version of Adobe Creative programs. It's not the footage playback that's an issue, that runs fine and it renders out video well, it's navigating through the interfaces of the program.

I'm thinking it has to do with the 4k screen or the graphics card.

Has anyone had this problem and know a fix?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Interface Refresh Lag in Premiere Pro on Dell XPS 15
on Feb 13, 2017 at 3:54:53 pm

i don't personally own an xps, I've read that there is a problem with their 4k screens and people are returning them to get something else.
that being said, i believe its an issue with the gui graphics driver because the screen can refresh video just fine. you can mess around with nvidia program settings and force premiere.exe to use compatibility mode as primary video card, or mess with the refresh rate etc(just a guess). down the road there may be driver/firmware updates from dell, but its probably easier to return it.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Feb 13, 2017 at 9:31:59 pm

I have an XPS 17" 702x, and I'm not seeing that.. i7 2630QM, NVidia 555M, 16Gb ram CS6 Master Suite....

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Feb 13, 2017 at 9:33:36 pm

I'm not doing 4K though

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:25:48 am

thanks for your input. I believe you're the first person that doesn't have a problem. could you try 4k for the OP as that would be awesome!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Mamisao
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:31:28 am

Hey both, thanks for your help. Yes it seems like it's a common problem. I'm curious if it's happening with the new model (XPS 9660) that just came out last month. I believe the computer Jan is speaking about is an older computer, they don't have the XPS17 anymore. Definitely think it has to do with the graphics card/4k screen because apparently people with the 1080 aren't experiencing this issue.

The weirdest thing was awhile ago I messing around with settings and premiere randomly loading up differently, the icons were all smaller and it didn't have the same lag problem. Thinking maybe it loaded in 1080p. Next time I loaded the program, it reverted back, and I haven't been able to replicate that since.

Really trying to keep this computer as I like it a lot and it actually handles rendering really well. Just this menu lag issue is irritating.

I'm sure there must be a way to work around this. :)

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:39:10 am

hmmm, try fiddling with window's gui size stuff, might be a glitch.

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-apps-bigger-windows-10

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:32:16 am

Don't have any... Could you point me at some?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]