FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to view video in Premiere Pro CC 2017

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitin Singh
Unable to view video in Premiere Pro CC 2017
on Feb 12, 2017 at 3:35:07 pm

Well, I've been using Premiere for a long time now but I just installed the 2017 version yesterday. Prior to this I had been using the 2015 version for a long time with no issues whatsoever!

Anyways, I'm having this weird issue and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm just being stupid but I just can't preview my videos in premiere! I'm doing the same stuff I do, I import my video, make a sequence out of it and I see my video/audio in the timeline but I can't see the video playback anywhere! If I press the spacebar, I can hear the audio just fine but the video is nowhere to be found.

Here's an image of what I see on my screen in Premiere: http://i.imgur.com/LfPNZcv.png

As you can see above, I have my video and my timeline, but the editing panel is just empty. Can someone please help me out here? I've tried googling this issue but I haven't found a relevant post anywhere.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Unable to view video in Premiere Pro CC 2017
on Feb 13, 2017 at 2:25:31 am

Did you uninstall cc 2015? If you still have it did you try to open that clip in it successfully? cc 2017 is so friggin' weird I had to go back to cc 2015.4. All sorts of problems with my opacity pen tool. Yesterday I tried installing again, and now the opacity tool draws a mask but nothing happens, it doesn't mask out anything.

If you googled the problem and nothing came back you'll have a long wait. It means no one else has had that problem. You might want to try re-installing it, if anything.

Return to posts index

Nitin Singh
on Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00:36 am

Well I actually uninstalled and reinstalling the following versions: 2017(11.0.0), 2015.3 (10.4.0) and 2015.3 (10.3.0) and none of them seemed to to show me video. Finally, I went back and installed the 2015 version and everything is back to normal so I guess I'm gonna stick with good ol' 2015 for now coz the rest are just too buggy. Really hope there will be a fix for this though!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 13, 2017 at 6:51:59 am

What is the format/frame rate/resolution of the footage/sequence? Do you have GPU acceleration turned on?

Return to posts index

Nitin Singh
on Feb 13, 2017 at 7:06:50 am

It's a Full HD, MP4 (H.264), 60FPS video. All my videos are always the same fps and same format and like I mentioned in the post, I am doing nothing new so I find it very strange that premiere is being so buggy.

Anyways, I tried versions 2017(11.0.0), 2015.3 (10.4.0) and 2015.3 (10.3.0) and none of those were playing back the video in the editing panel. Now I am using the 2015 version and everything seems to be playing perfectly right off the bat so I'm not really sure what the issue was in the above mentioned versions.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 13, 2017 at 2:55:14 pm

just rename the top folder media name on your hd, delete media cache and reimport again. its a glitch

Return to posts index

Nitin Singh
on Feb 13, 2017 at 5:13:35 pm

I have reverted back to 2015 version and I'm not having that issue anymore.

However, can you please elaborate on what you meant by renaming the "top folder media name"? I'd still like to know just in case for future references, thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:24:45 am

if you video is in a folder called weddingstuff, rename it to weddingstuff2 or something, delete media cache and reimport. the problem does crop up in many different versions of premiere.

Return to posts index

Nitin Singh
on Feb 14, 2017 at 6:54:08 am

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind if I ever want to switch back to 2017 and I face the same issues. Hopefully by then the issue is fixed! Anyways, for now I think I'm gonna stick with 2015 :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]