FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere warp stabilizing multiple clips requiring nesting, how??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dom Curulli
Premiere warp stabilizing multiple clips requiring nesting, how??
on Feb 11, 2017 at 11:11:23 pm

I always have projects where some footage was shot at 1080p 25fps, and 4k 25fps so that I can zoom into the picture and I edit this on a 1080p 25fps timeline.

The issue I'm getting is when stabilizing the 4k clips obviously Premiere requires you to nest the clip first to match the sequence which is fine, but doing this quickly across multiple 4k clips scattered across the timeline takes a long time, and it's messy creating a separate nest for each clip. Surely there is a better way??

If I select multiple clips that aren't next to each other in the timeline and nest them (to save time from doing them individually), it moves these to a new nested sequence on another video track. But this leaves gaps between nested and non-nested clips making it very hard to edit anything inside the nest as you cannot see when each individual clip starts and line them up with the rest of the timeline. Hopefully these screenshots will make it easier to understand

Main timeline:
https://goo.gl/LwwpSQ

Inside the nested sequence:
https://goo.gl/Vakcmf

This nesting issue also arises when I've warp stabilized 1080p footage and want to speed ramp it and other common scenarios.

How do you guys get past these issues?
If there's no way around nesting clips, is there at least a way to nest each clip as their own nested sequence all in one shot (eg. select a bunch of clips, nest them individually) rather than doing it one by one?
I've done a ton of research but cannot find anyone else running into this issue so I must be doing something wrong!

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Premiere warp stabilizing multiple clips requiring nesting, how??
on Feb 12, 2017 at 12:36:53 am

Hey Dom,

I can't think of another way to handle this off the top of my head. One method some uses take is, applying Warp Stabilizer to the specific clips in their sequence and then exporting them out to a high quality format and then replace the original clip with the newly created clip.

That may not be the best workflow but it does clip things clean and keeps the project running smooth.

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Dom Curulli
Re: Premiere warp stabilizing multiple clips requiring nesting, how??
on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:06:01 am

So I posted in a couple forums, and this was the best answer, it's a cool little trick and it works!

My trick I use is to select every video clip under (and above) the nested sequence, and overlay it, so that it chops it up. Drag it all back down, and you nest sections will be the same size as your clips! Hopefully that makes sense. Alternatively, you can make a bin for all of your nested sequences, and select each clip one by one to nest. That's messier, and much more tedious, though.

Might help someone else for now, until Adobe sort out this issue and automate it somehow...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]