FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to speed up sound when adjusting speed in the Program Window?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
Is there a way to speed up sound when adjusting speed in the Program Window?
on Feb 6, 2017 at 3:50:52 pm

I'm running CC2017 and I know that when playing back a clip in the Program Window J K L will adjust the playback speed. But if I'm playing back a clip that has been rendered at 33% speed, and I speed it up this way, the sound doesn't become normal. It's still 33% sound, and basically unintelligible. Is there a way to speed up the sound during playback so it sounds, more or less. normal?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Is there a way to speed up sound when adjusting speed in the Program Window?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 5:29:36 pm

are you uses maintain audio pitch? a higher quality would be the effect-pitch shifter. even higher still, use audition

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
Re: Is there a way to speed up sound when adjusting speed in the Program Window?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 8:25:27 pm

Thanks. I don't want to maintain the pitch, though. I want it to speed it up, with the video, when I speed up the video. I realize now, from your answer, that the problem is that Preferences has "Maintain Audio Pitch" checked and that's what's keeping the sound at the 33% pitch when I speed up the video. When I uncheck that the sound pitch comes up with the video speed, as I want.

Thanks for making me aware there was a Maintain Audio Pitch check box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]