FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add camera to multi-cam sequence after editing has begun

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Allen
Add camera to multi-cam sequence after editing has begun
on Feb 2, 2017 at 4:20:12 pm

So I have a fairly simple 4 camera shoot inside a car. I've edited about 5 minutes worth and then the production team tells me there is another camera angle from a follow-car. I've added that camera angle to the multi-cam sequence. Now I just need to edit in some of the follow-car shots in the master timeline. Should be easy right? Well apparently not, unless I'm missing something that I hope you can help with.

I'm at :00 on the master timeline. From the program monitor, I click on the wrench for settings > edit cameras. I see 5 cameras there, they are all selected. I set "cameras per page" to 5. I now see the main program view plus the 5 cameras in the program monitor. Now I'm ready to start editing. However, after the next edit point, the program monitor only shows 4 angles instead of 5, and a right-click on the clip > Multi-Camera only shows 4 camera options. So apparently for every time I cut to a new angle in my edit, I have to go through the steps to activate the new camera and 5 cameras per page before I can see the new camera or select it from the right click menu (or pressing #5). Obviously this can get pretty tedious and maddening. Please tell me there is a more efficient way to update all the clips on the timeline to show 5 cameras before I pull out what's left of my hair!

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 12
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]