FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting an AAC LC file to a higher audio bitrate

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emir Hodžić
Converting an AAC LC file to a higher audio bitrate
on Feb 2, 2017 at 10:57:55 am

I need to make a video from several clips. The original audio of the clips is in AAC-LC format with 84kbps-94kbps audio bitrate, Mono. The final video will have the same audio format AAC-LC, Stereo. The question is: What is recommended in this particular situation, to output in slightly higher bitrate(eg. 128kbps) or to keep closest similar bitrate (96kbps, it's actually 93kbps after exporting)?

• I am aware that the output won't have better quality than the original if it's converted to a higher bitrate. But I'm wondering what is the best way to maintain the original quality.

• Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    Re: Converting an AAC LC file to a higher audio bitrate
    on Feb 2, 2017 at 3:26:54 pm
    Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 5, 2017 at 9:40:29 pm

If you don't decrease the bit rate, the audio quality won't deteriorate.

But since this is a PP forum, I don't know why you're using AAC audio. If it was my AAC audio, I would use Audition to convert it to a stereo wav or aiff file, 16 or 24 bits, 48 kHz.

The reason: AAC audio is compressed. Wav and aiff are not. Since you seem concerned about audio quality, you should know AAC audio will be re-compressed at export, deteriorating audio quality a little bit. This won't happen with wav or aiff.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer
    KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]