FORUMS: list search recent posts

selective removal strategy?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Miller
selective removal strategy?
on Feb 2, 2017 at 1:58:40 am

Hi

I have aerial footage of people walking away from lines drawn on the ground. The institution I work at is celebrating it's 175th anniversary and we drew a '175' in string on the ground. People positioned themselves over the string and we shot photos.

I would LIKE to be able to use video of people walking away from the string, run in reverse so that it looks like a random group spontaneously assembling into perfect order.

It would be easy enough to cut out part of the lawn and put it into a separate track, covering the string. But that would blot out the people walking.

Could one of you point me in the right direction for selectively removing the string, but keeping the people? I don't need a step by step, just an overall plan or place to look.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: selective removal strategy?
on Feb 2, 2017 at 2:19:33 am

You could try putting that layer without the string underneath, and then try to key out the 175 with Ultra Key.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: selective removal strategy?
on Feb 2, 2017 at 4:17:32 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 2, 2017 at 7:19:59 pm

Some clarifying questions:

Is the point to remove the "175" ONLY? The circle and horizontal line are to remain?

You shot photos? Stills? Is the intent to look like stop-motion animation?

You say "aerial". From a drone? From a fixed position up high? If a fixed position, was the camera locked down so that the circle in the middle doesn't move AT ALL, but remains rock-solid?

This sounds like it was shot with just a hope you could get the shot to work, but not the knowledge & certainty that it would work. Not a great basis for pulling off an effects shot like this... and it will be effects work. Not a simple thing. And PP is almost certainly not the proper tool for the job -- After Effects looks like a far better choice.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]