FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to limit processor use during rendering?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
Is there a way to limit processor use during rendering?
on Feb 1, 2017 at 7:22:50 pm
Last Edited By Steve Adams on Feb 1, 2017 at 7:28:21 pm

When Premier Pro is rendering it brings my computer to its knees so I can't do any other work. Is there a way to tell it only use, say, 30% of the processor? I don't mind if it takes all day, but I'd like to use the computer during the day.

Or maybe a way to pause the rendering.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Is there a way to limit processor use during rendering?
on Feb 2, 2017 at 8:56:46 pm

Without a lot more information about your computer, storage, and what file type you are working from and rendering to, we can't really say.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Feb 3, 2017 at 2:58:56 pm

Ok, thanks. I thought a "PAUSE" might at least be available. I knows Windows has ways to suspend threads, and it doesn't seem that hard for Adobe to connect a PAUSE button to one of them. But I guess not.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Feb 4, 2017 at 1:06:35 am

I've discovered another data point on this issue. If I just hit Return after a bunch of edits and let PP render the timeline, the load on my system isn't bad. Task Manager still says all 4 CPUs are running are 100% but I'm able to do other work and barely notice that there's a heavy task also running on the machine. When the load is intrusive is when I ask PP to build and export an mp4 from the timeline.

I'm guessing that the build/export entails a lot of disk activity and that's the hold up, while the render just spins around inside of memory.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]