FORUMS: list search recent posts

music track sound quality in Premeire pro seriously degraded

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Vanderloo
music track sound quality in Premeire pro seriously degraded
on Jan 19, 2017 at 3:44:18 pm

I've been using premiere pro for a few years now and never had this issue before.
When I play mp3 or .wav files in quicktime player they sound great.

But playing in the source panel in premiere pro 2017 cc, the sound quality is severely degraded. I posted yesterday with no fix offered so I thought I might need to clarify in a repost

The only difference from before is that I just got some new Sennheiser headphones, (bluetooth), but again everything sounds fine in qt player.

At first I had no sound in premiere pro til I switched the audio hardware input to headset microphone (handsfree bluetooth audio), and the output to Out (headphones bluetooth handsfree audio). Now I have sound but really bad sound.
Is there something else I should be checking?
Thank You

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: music track sound quality in Premeire pro seriously degraded
on Jan 19, 2017 at 7:41:18 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 19, 2017 at 7:42:26 pm

I used to think this problem was limited to After Effects. Apparently not.

Adobe applications don't play nicely with mp3 files, resulting in intermittent, hard-to-track-down problems. Sometimes they work just fine, but on certain occasions they don't and they continue not to work. There's nothing consistent about it.

The one guaranteed way to avoid the problem -- don't use mp3's. Use Audition to convert them to wav or aiff files. Audition seems to be immune to this... but then, Adobe didn't originally make Audition, either.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Phil Vanderloo
on Jan 19, 2017 at 8:18:58 pm

As it turns out Dave, The problem is an issue with my new bluetooth headphones. I had a feeling that might be related because I never had this problem before installing them. So i plugged in a cord and went direct to the headphones and everything is fine.
I hope I can find a way to switch back to bluetooth to avoid the cord. I'm sure it's a setting in the audio hardware settings but I think I tried every conceivable combination, (of available choices), and nothing worked.
Thank You

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 19, 2017 at 8:30:54 pm

The jury's still out for me on the issue of mp3's & PP. People other than you have reported woes as well.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Phil Vanderloo
on Jan 19, 2017 at 9:01:38 pm

Ya and I should have mentioned in my last post that converting the files to .wav was one of the first things I tried and it didn't help/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]