FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maddening Premiere problem - crashing and I don't know why

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd VanSlyck
Maddening Premiere problem - crashing and I don't know why
on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:33:13 pm

I recently had my drive wiped, Windows 7 reinstalled, along with all the cc2017 apps.
Since that time, Premiere has been sporadically crashing. Sometimes on startup, sometimes when it's been sitting there for a while.
Most recently, I've been attempting to open an older project. It gets into the media loading phase and a windows error pops up, says it's trying to fix the problem, then tells me "Adobe Premiere Pro cc 2017.0 has stopped working. It's a Windows error, not a Premiere error, so there are no codes. Just "close the program".
Before the hard drive was wiped and reinstalled, I had CUDA enabled, now it's grayed out. Apparently my card is obsolete (NVIDIA Quaddro 2000). But the same card, with the same software was enabled before.
I've uninstalled my AJA drivers to no avail. Part of me says it's an NVIDIA issue, but when I open the NVIDIA control panel, there are no options for Premiere.
I've got 40 gb of ram so that's not the issue. I've changed the cache folder to another drive, but that didn't help.

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
After Effects CC
Cinema 4d r14

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Maddening Premiere problem - crashing and I don't know why
on Jan 18, 2017 at 11:12:54 pm

Here's the one remedial step I didn't see -- you made sure your OS was fully updated... Service Packs and all that stuff.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
Re: Maddening Premiere problem - crashing and I don't know why
on Jan 19, 2017 at 1:50:23 pm

Yup it's all updated.

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CC