FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color with Lumetri - Lowering Pedestal and Black Levels

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
Color with Lumetri - Lowering Pedestal and Black Levels
on Jan 16, 2017 at 10:47:56 pm

Lumetri does not appear to have a pedestal value...
Trying to match some color work done in resolve, and I cannot lower the black levels of my darkest points down to zero without crushing the overall image. Not had this problem with other Color tools.
Tried using curves and putting two points low in the curve but still cant get to zero.
Thoughts?

Also seems to be missing traditional gamma settings...

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Color with Lumetri - Lowering Pedestal and Black Levels
on Jan 17, 2017 at 1:20:16 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Jan 17, 2017 at 5:12:08 am

if you have anything above 99 or below 1 ire, use rgb effect or levels to get within that target ire before using lumetri. then use its black and shadow slider as pedestal. i find enabling hdr in lumetri gives 10x more control in shadows recovery.

can you explain traditional gamma? there are curves but they are controlled as output after basic tab. you need another instance of lumetri if you are going to layer its parts out of order. weird, I know.

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Jan 17, 2017 at 3:37:18 pm

Thanks for that reply. I will look at applying RGB Effect first, however I hope it uses the same accelerated processing as Lumetri.

Pedestal would be a great means of adjusting black levels in Lumetri if the would add it. Its for when you dont want to alter the structure of the entire color you have applied. Pedestal just lowers the level of the clip globally without squashing or stretching certain regions. It would really be helpfull in getting the attached black level a bit lower without darkening more of the scene. Notice that the lowest black is at about 2-3% and nothing is touching black 0.

Gamma is a stretch value that can compress or extend the midrange of an R, G, B, or Luminance channel of a image.
Its a slider or knob value that I really miss having assigned to my control surface.

I notice there isn't a Lumetri forum. Moderator, is this something we could add?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 17, 2017 at 3:47:09 pm

exposure is the closest thing to gamma in lumetri. effect-fast color corrector has a grey value similar to gamma. there's some other effects in obsolete folder that actually have 'pedestal' if I remember correctly.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 18, 2017 at 5:10:20 am

i was just talking about this too.
you can create your own lumetri preset that fixes the ire 'bug' as shown here with detailed pictures. Thanks again Neil!
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2264616

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 18, 2017 at 6:50:35 am

I did a video a while back stating the Lumetri effects take a toll on the GPU. I swear someone working at Adobe is trying to sabotage Premiere Pro. It is getting worse and worse each release. The effects worked better in Premiere Pro CS 5.5 than in CC 2017.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]