FORUMS: list search recent posts

xbox one to adobe premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tareq Faroun
xbox one to adobe premiere
on Jan 16, 2017 at 9:41:07 pm

How would one go about capturing from Xbox one to Adobe Premiere on a IMac mid 2011? I have not done this in a long time, I used to have a simple Canopus digital converter back in the mini DV tape days, I hooked it up to my PS2 to play DVDs and capture as a non controllable device to make my own movie trailers. I am sure the technology has changed since then, or do I still need a digital converter?

Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: xbox one to adobe premiere
on Jan 16, 2017 at 10:25:10 pm

You will need an HDMI capture device.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 16, 2017 at 10:41:58 pm

There are several high-definition video capture cards on the market. The Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle is not the easiest capture card to use but it can allow for real-time playback from the Adobe Premiere Pro timeline to broadcast monitors. I use it more for real-time playback to broadcast equipment than capturing video. Most of the other inexpensive capture cards will not work with high-end video editing software. I like using my Intensity Shuttle but you might opt for something else.

Return to posts index

Tareq Faroun
on Jan 16, 2017 at 10:57:11 pm

Is there any encryption issues that would block the DVD from being captured?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 16, 2017 at 11:38:14 pm

[Tareq Faroun] "Is there any encryption issues that would block the DVD from being captured?"

I think people have stated that if you use the component connectors instead of HDMI the Intensity Shuttle will work with the XBOX and Sony Play Station. I cannot test it out because I do not have and Xbox or Play Station. You might find a Youtube video that show the Intensity Shuttle doing game capture.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 16, 2017 at 11:00:37 pm

HDMI out of X-BOX and PS4s have protection on them, no? Meaning that you need the decoder in the TV to see them. There are no decoders in the Blackmagic or other pro capture cards....you need something like:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/the-best-video-game-capture-kits-for...

When I had this issue, I ended up aiming a camera at the TV screen.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tareq Faroun
on Jan 16, 2017 at 11:15:12 pm

I hope I'm not missing the point, please correct me if I misunderstood but as long as I can capture clips from the Xbox DVD player without any HDCP issues I'm good, not trying to stream, just capture specific clips to make my own trailers for movies.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 16, 2017 at 11:22:23 pm

DVDs have copy protection too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved