FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Reverse Telecine (2:2 pulldown)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joni Schoonjans
How to Reverse Telecine (2:2 pulldown)
on Jan 15, 2017 at 12:36:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm shooting some footage on a Panasonic HPX 171 (HPX 170 in the States) in 1080i25p DVCPRO HD, which I would like to get back to a true progressive image.

As I understand it the camera takes a true progressive frame of the sensor, and then wraps it into a 1080i interlaced package.
When I check the properties of the file, it states it used a 2:2 pulldown, which I learned is actually a process called telecine.

Now for my question: how do I get Premiere to reverse that telecine and go back to my original 25fps progressive image that was on the sensor?
Is it just as simple as interpreting the footage as a progressive source, or will that create problems when I do an export later on?
Also, will I lose any quality during this process and am I better of shooting true 720p with this camera?

Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Joni.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to Reverse Telecine (2:2 pulldown)
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:40:22 pm

Sorry, but I have NEVER heard of 2:2 pulldown. 3:2 pulldown? Yes. I know it can be removed in After Effects to create 23.976 fps footage. Perhaps it can also be done in PP.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joni Schoonjans
Re: How to Reverse Telecine (2:2 pulldown)
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:56:43 pm

I seem to have found the answer here in the meantime: http://www.provideocoalition.com/psf8217s_missing_workflow_part_7_adobe_pre...

The reason you have never heard of 2:2 is probably due to the fact that it's PAL region specific. Thanks anyhow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]