FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Open Project" behavior - why does it choose where it defaults to?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul O'Brien
"Open Project" behavior - why does it choose where it defaults to?
on Jan 12, 2017 at 6:36:50 pm

How does premiere pro choose where to begin the "Open Project" dialog box (I'm using CC2017 but this has been the case for previous versions) ? My experience is such that I open Premiere Pro, then to the File menu -> Open Project(Ctrl+O). It then goes to the Open Project window, opening to My Desktop.

Why does it open to the "My Desktop" folder? Or any specific folder for that reason. I can't pin down the logic, reason, or behavior that dictates to Premiere Pro to go to [folder]. In your experience, can you properly tell it where to go to when you use the "Open Project" command?

It's not any great concern, it's not like I can't find my way around my computer. But I have all my projects centrally located in one folder. It shouldn't need to open anywhere else; I have all my projects there. The folder is where projects are saved to, and opened from. It would save that needless pecking, just to Open Project -> choose project. But instead Premiere decides "My Desktop" is the ideal place to start. Or "My Documents". Or "My Music". It seems like it just picks a place and is like, "projects here, yes, no?" It feels like the program goes out of its way to be less efficient.

For bonus points, is there a way to tell Premiere Pro where to go to Open Projects as a default?

Thank you,
Paul

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: "Open Project" behavior - why does it choose where it defaults to?
on Jan 13, 2017 at 11:05:35 pm

Hi Paul,

When you go to Premiere Pro > File menu > Open Project(Ctrl/Cmd+O). Premiere will open to the last location a project was saved. This was designed to quickly bring you to the destination you (in most cases) store your projects. Is this not working for you?

For the bonus point question, you cannot set a default location for opening projects. However, you can go to Preferences > General and change the default behavior when opening a project to launch the Start Screen rather than the OS Project Dialog window. From the Start Screen you get to choose from the list of recent projects, etc...

Hope that helps!

Peter

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]