FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Keyboard Shortcut would change from one Sequence on Timeline to Another?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
What Keyboard Shortcut would change from one Sequence on Timeline to Another?
on Jan 11, 2017 at 6:13:33 pm

I've seen this issue with CS6 and a couple CC's, so I'm pretty much assuming that the issue is related to Shuttle Pro II Code, not Adobe's, but.... In a Valiant attempt to find a work around, I'm trying to find which Keyboard Shortcut would also cause this.... So I can DISABLE that PPRO Keyboard Shortcut, seeing that Shuttle Pro folks have not responded to this reported bug in 4-5 years.....

With that said, if you're still reading.... I developed a nice MACRO for the Shuttle Pro II, that in effect Moves the Timeline back ~ 5 Seconds, switches to Full Screen Cinema mode, and hit's play... I'll post the macro steps below for anyone interested in doing the same with their Shuttle Pro II system.....
I ran into two issues... 1. Commands were sent too quickly which was easy to fix by adding 200ms delays between the commands in the macro...
Second issue remains to this day.... As Long As there is only one Sequence on the timeline, all works fine.... HOWEVER, if there are 2 or more sequences on the timeline, this macro JUMPS from One Sequence to the Next, though there are no codes programmed into it to do this, from what I can tell....

I reported this to Shuttle Pro Folks 4-5 years ago, and with exception of verifying that this does happen, no repair has been forth-coming....

So, my approach now is to find out WHAT KEYBOARD SHORTCUT would change from one Sequence on a timeline to another, and Disable that Keyboard Shortcut.... In an attempt to find a fix for this macro....

If anyone can determine what Keyboard Shortcut would cause a jump from one sequence to another on the Timeline.... Please Post....

Now: If you'd like to try the Full Screen Cinema Macro on your Shuttle Pro II system, here is the contents you'll have to program into a custom Macro, and then import that macro into the settings you use for PPRO.....

1. 200ms delay
2. Shift+4
3. 200ms delay
4. CTRL+`
5. 200ms delay
6 through 17 are the same: Shift+Left Arrow
18. 200ms delay
19. L

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: What Keyboard Shortcut would change from one Sequence on Timeline to Another?
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:30:44 am

Shift&4 presumably is 'switch to timeline panel' shortcut.

If there is more than one timeline in the panel and the panel was already selected then the command switches to the next timeline.

Workaround is to insert a benign shortcut, such as switched project window, that ensures focus is away from timeline before shift&4.

The shift&4 behaviour is quite annoying - request a change at adobe.com/go/wish

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
Re: What Keyboard Shortcut would change from one Sequence on Timeline to Another?
on Jan 16, 2017 at 1:41:59 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Jan 16, 2017 at 2:01:28 pm

Excuse me for makeing you believe that Shift+4 is forcing Timeline Focus.... Actually SHIFT+4 is PROGRAM MONITOR FOCUS!
That macro should then never have touched the timeline... Right????
The Shift+4 useage within this macro was added to "Force Focus" on Program Monitor, in case my prior focus point had been on another window within Workspace... Prior to hitting that Macro Button.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Jan 16, 2017 at 1:45:08 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Jan 16, 2017 at 2:03:10 pm

I'm going to have to look further into your switched project window response.... That is new to me...

Also.. I've seen this occur on both CS6 and CC....

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Jan 16, 2017 at 5:07:44 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Jan 16, 2017 at 5:09:39 pm

So, instead of putting in the commands that logic would tell me to do (Force Program Monitor Focus) with SHIFT+4....... I intentionally used a different command SHIFT+3 to force Timeline Focus.... Just to see what would happen to the resulting Macro..... With SHIFT+3 It alternated between the sequences as before....
SHIFT+2 (Source Monitor Focus) made the Macro affect only the Source Monitor, as expected..

However SHIFT+1 (Which would be Project Focus) Made the Macro WORK CORRECTLY, though the commands make no sense whatsoever...

So I then manually do the keystrokes instead of running the Shuttle Pro Macro and the results seem to indicate that manual keyboard shortcuts work as expected, but not via Shuttle Pro Macro's....

WELL.... I've set out to do what I wanted.... Develop a work-around for the Full Screen Cinema Macro for Shuttle Pro II systems.....

I've tested it on laptop, and will try same fix on Desktop....

So, a Full Screen Macro settings that appear to work are:
1. 200Ms Delay
2. SHIFT+1 (This is the fix that makes it work)
3. 200Ms Delay
4. CTRL+`
5. 200Ms Delay
6. through 17. SHIFT+Left Arrow
18. 200Ms Delay
19. L

I'd like to see whatever other Macro's you may find important on Shuttle Pro II systems......

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Jan 16, 2017 at 6:25:36 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Jan 16, 2017 at 6:32:58 pm

AW CRAP!!!!
It appears that SHIFT+4 and SHIFT+3 are broke.... via Shuttle Pro II commands via the USB hardware.
Regarding the The SHIFT+1 "Fix" for a multiple sequenced Timeline... It's good for multiple sequence Timelines, but with only a single sequence Timelines, this "Fix" prevents the machine control keys to work, because you are in Project Focus (The Reason why I added Program Monitor Focus (SHIFT+4) in the first place!)

So Shift+4 works on Single Sequence Timelines.... And SHIFT+1 works on Multiple Sequence Timelines, but breaks other features!!!!

As I was doing testing on this....on a multiple sequence Timeline, I found 2 other Macros I wrote: Move FWD on Timeline 10 Seconds, and: Move REV on Timeline 10 seconds, broken as well... They use SHIFT+3. On a multiple sequence Timeline those shift between the sequences as well, as did the Full Screen Macro.. Broke..

At this point, Shuttle Pro Folks have seen this for years, and never fixed it... Reporting it to Adobe at this stage of the game wouldn't be worth it, as They're not going to fix CS6, and I'm not going to go to CC....

So at present, unless I find a way to add a keyboard shortcut to circumvent Shift+3 and SHIFT+4's incorrect Behavior, I guess I'll say using only one Sequence per Timeline......

Any suggestions from others?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]